Here is an extremely easy healthy recipe to make cacao bites to help keep sugar cravings at bay during these cold months. The exact proportions of the ingredients can be experimented with to achieve your ideal combination, and is all part of the fun! Also, home cooking for these chocolate style treats works out much more cost effective than shop-bought chocolate bars.
To make the most of this, purchase Cacao butter and Cacao powder in bulk online; current prices are around £16.50 and £14 per kilo respectively. The recipe below works out at £2.46 per 100g, compared to £4.28/100g for a leading cacao bar!
80g Cacao butter
70g Cocoa powder
4 tablespoons Agave Syrup
Various (edible) Essential oils – a drop of Orange but you can also try Lavender, Mint, Rose
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl placed on a saucepan of hot water
- When the cacao butter has melted, whisk in the cacao powder.
- When ingredients are fully combined, add four tablespoons of Agave syrup – the more you add, the sweeter the chocolates will become
- Take the bowl off the saucepan and add a couple of drops of Essential Oil and mix well.
- Carefully spoon the chocolate into a mould and place in the fridge to set for at least one hour